At IM, our mission, vision and core values guide the care and services we provide, and they guide the decisions we make as team members and as an organization.
“To help people with disabilities thrive through discovery and experience of their God-given potential.”
“We strive to be the place where the God-given potential of people with disabilities is ignited, equipping them to lead impactful lives, and to demonstrate their worth, significance, impact and role they have in our society.”
- We believe that the Holy Scripture, as contained in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, is the inerrant and only inspired Word of God, and is the only infallible rule of faith and practice (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:19-21, John 17:17).
- We believe in one Triune God, existing in three persons: The Father, His Son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:18-20, 1 John 5:6-7, 1 Peter 1:1-2).
- We believe that Jesus Christ was eternally existent and one with the Father; that He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary; and that He possessed two natures, divine and human flesh, though without sin (John 1:1-2, John 1:14, Luke 2:30-35, Hebrews 4:15, 2Cor 5:21).
- We believe that our redemption was accomplished when Jesus Christ voluntarily died a substitutionary sacrifice on the Cross for the sins of mankind, and that our justification is made sure by His literal physical resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:23-24, Romans 5:8, Galatians 3:15, Titus 2:13-14, Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:19-20).
- We believe that He ascended into heaven and is in His present life our High Priest and Advocate, and from thence He shall visibly return to judge the living and the dead (Acts 1:9-11, Hebrews 4:15, 1 Timothy 2:5, 2 Timothy 4:1).
- We believe each person who is “born again” of the Spirit of God by repentance and personal faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord will enter the Kingdom of God (John 3:3, John 3:16, Ephesians 2:8-9, Mark 1:14-15).
- We believe in eternal separation from God and judgment for each person who rejects Christ as Savior (John 3:18, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, 2:12, Luke 16:19-31).
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10).
- We believe that the ministry of evangelism (sharing and proclaiming the message of salvation only possible by grace through faith in Jesus Christ) and discipleship (helping followers of Christ grow up into maturity in Christ) is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15).
- We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15).
- We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10).
Founded by Charlie Pedersen, Christian League for the Handicapped incorporated.
First accessible home for people with disabilities opens to accommodate year-round residents in Walworth, WI.
Purchase of 140 acres on Hwy 67 in Walworth, WI.
The Work Center opens, connecting residents with local businesses to provide work opportunities.
The Occupational Residence opens, providing a home for 64 adults with disabilities.
The gift shop opens and provides meaningful work for many residents.
Inspiration Retreat Center opens and provides a place for local church grounds and disabled adults to enjoy a retreat and camping experience.
Charlie Pedersen retires, leaving a legacy of faith in action.
Christian League for the Handicapped officially becomes Inspiration Ministries.
The DeKorte wing, providing assisted living housing for 12 residents and an administrative wing, are completed.
Remodeled Inspiration Retreat Center opens and provides updated facilities for retreats and camp groups.
Camp Thrive starts providing a week-long summer camp experience for disabled adults.
Through a partnership with Open Arms Free Clinic and Powerback Rehabilitation, both an onsite dental clinic and rehab facility open to provide much needed services to residents at IM and the local community.
Inspired Coffee opens in Lake Geneva, WI to provide vocational training and transition services.